Friday, June 29, 2012

Gentle Exercise for Those of Us Who Have Not Embraced the Idea of Exercise in Our Lives

I purchased two more DVDs at the same time as the Yoga DVD and they arrived yesterday.  I watched both of these from the comfort of my sofa and found myself inching to the edge of the seat so I could "practice" the moves while still seated (don't want to get too commited as yet to the program I have prescribed for myself) just trying to e..a..s..e into this exercise thing. I watched "Tai Chi for balance & mobility" with Scott Cole, first and found myself thinking "I can really see myself doing this!".  The lady who demonstrates the routines with Scott is probably in her 80's...this is TaiChi for beginners, older adults and the physically challenged; the workout is designed to help prevent falls by improving balance, strength, flexibility and mobility.  This actually looks like FUN.  The second DVD that I watched is "Qi Gong for Beginners," with 8 easy to follow routines called Eight Pieces of Brocade.  The program is set in a beautiful outdoor setting on the banks of a river with the sounds of nature and very quieting music in the background.  This is a very gentle and meditative practice, but I am anxious to incorporate this series of routines into my morning rituals. Qi Gong is designed to increase energy and vitality and reduce stress and aims to be transformational.  Chris Pei took me on the most relaxing, disciplined whole-body meditational journey and I loved every moment of it...just wish I'd found this long ago.   I want this to be a way of life for me!

1 comment:


  1. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete